Friday, July 12, 2013


26 June 2013

I know… I have not been keeping up with the blog very well, but here goes…  We departed Solomon around 10:00 AM and header towards Annapolis – with no bow thruster. We arrived at Bay Bridge Marine on Kent Island – across from Annapolis, MD after a beautiful day on the bay moving approximately 50 miles. Very nice marina – there was a calypso band playing at the open air bar as we dined on the fly bridge.

Welcoming committee at Bay Bridge Marina
 
27June2013
 I spoke with the service manager first thing in the morning - to see if we could resolve the bow thruster issue.  We were hauled by 0830 and no surprising to me the prop itself was missing (you could hear the motor operate and the solenoids click in left and right).  Ironically my uncle Joe experienced the same issue several years earlier in Solomon – King Neptune must be trying to tell the Kelly clan something.  Parts were placed on order, Sea Chantey was left on the hard, we rented a car and off we went to Cape May, NJ.  Our son Spencer would be graduating from Coast Guard Basic Training on Friday 28 June.
Let's see what is going on with that bow non-thruster...
That's not right... isn't there suppose to be a prop in there?
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a grand adventure despite a couple of minor glitches. Wishing you all the best and more fair winds... I won't say 'following seas' because I remember how I got seasick when a 210 rolled in a following sea, and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

    ReplyDelete